2nd Line IT Support Engineer – Energy & Utilities Sector
Spider Recruitment Services are working with a national business in the Energy & Utilities sector who are looking to add to their IT support team.
This 2nd Line Support Technician position will suit a dynamic, self-motivated IT Professional offering the opportunity to perform a 360-degree role, having access to all functions relative to keep the companies user base live and efficient. The technician will be able to make the role their own, bringing fresh ideas and new tech to the forefront of the organisation.
You will report to the Systems Manager and Group ICT Service Delivery Manager whilst providing second line technical support to the ICT users within the business who are located across several sites and varying companies under the umbrella.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and understand the importance of providing outstanding customer service. You will show aptitude to understand and work on computer hardware and software in varying configurations.
The role is office based predominantly but could involve fully expensed travel so you will need a full valid driving licence.
- Understand and promote the ITIL framework in the daily role of service operations. Incident management will be of paramount importance as will the other service components of ITIL.
- To provide advice to customers within the group on the efficient and safe use of computer systems.
- To be fully abreast of all Security policies and process’s and to fully endorse and enforce these in the live environment. Furthermore, be able to explain to customers the need to enforce these etherising their individual responsibility and how this benefits them daily.
- Ensure that efficient resolution of faults and customer feedback are addressed as a matter of priority.
- Maintain ownership of calls and maintain communication with customers to achieve response targets defined by the Group Service Delivery Manager.
- Use technical knowledge to interpret customer requirements, troubleshoot calls, provide advice and fault resolution on first contact in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
- Will act as the escalation point for the Service Desk.
- Providing technical advice to customers and Team members. The post holder must be able to communicate technical system matters to non-technical staff clearly and in a manner, whereby they are able to fully understand the issues.
- Using own judgment, gather detailed, complex and sensitive information and where appropriate input this accurately into the Service Desk ITSM System and other system software.
- Utilise existing technologies to obtain and manipulate software/hardware information and to remotely administer systems.
- Maintenance and administration of telephony systems across the group
- Report Writing and analytical analysis.
- Administration of MS Dynamics Nav, Office 365, Windows 10
- Promote, champion and drive the use of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices across the ICT function. This will include the responsibility for owning and developing some of the ITIL processes.
- The role requires the active participation in the development of the Service Desk working methods, process, procedures and development of the service to ensure that changing business needs continue to be met.
- Responsible for ensuring that users are equipped with the necessary skills and resources to meeting changing and increasing demands.
- From time to time the post holder may have to remove and/or deliver hardware around the company’s premises for ICT usage.
- Understanding of the physical layer of ICT, from Prep to support to asset management for all type of end point devices i.e. mobiles (Android/Apple etc.), Tablets, Laptops, Desktops etc. and be adept at troubleshooting all of the above.
- Understand Windows networking from DNS, DHCP to TCIP on an end point device and be adept at troubleshooting the above.
A competitive salary is on offer with annual pay reviews, generous remuneration package and a chance to join a busy and growing plc who genuinely care about their workforce. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Utilities, Gas, Commercial Engineer, Change Management, Problem Management, Major Incident Management, Security Incident Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management, Capacity Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recover
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.