3rd Line Network / Support Engineer – Green Duck is one of the largest IT Support companies in Suffolk, based in Bury St Edmunds. We offer IT support, website & app design, and cybersecurity services to a variety of customers from multiple sectors. We are a forward-thinking, straight-talking company, putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a Network bias 3rd Line Engineer to join the team within our IT Services department.
As the 3rd Line Network Engineer, you will be reporting to the Senior Project Manager, you will join a team of technical experts, with a range of responsibilities. The role will be focused on technical expertise in networking, with a requirement to support other technologies also.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Offer expertise within the team for the support and resolution of technical incidents (escalations from 1st and 2nd line)
- Work on the delivery of projects for customers
- Assisting our sales team with technical scoping of new sales opportunities including proactive identification of areas that will require improvements outside of new business sales
- Run workshops with internal and external teams for knowledge transfer, handover, and upskilling
- Develop, produce and maintain IT documentation and following IT procedures as required
- Liaise directly with the end customer where required to resolve, scope, or deliver incidents and projects
- Significant knowledge, understanding, and expertise including but not limited to:
- Degree in computing including networking (ideal but not essential)
- Qualifications in networking, equivalent to CCNP / CCDP
- Understanding of networking hardware and cabling
- Proven ability to design a resilient network configuration and troubleshoot existing networks
- Networking configuration and troubleshooting: firewalls, switches, routers, access points, VPN (Unifi product experience ideal but not essential)
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, subnets, gateways, DNS, and other components that makeup an IT network
- Microsoft Server technologies: Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Exchange, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure and Storage Spaces Direct, Cluster Services
- Virtualisation: Hyper-V & VMWare
- Microsoft 365 services; Email, SharePoint, Azure Active Directory, MFA, MDM/MAM
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (ideal but not essential)
- VOIP: Skype for Business, Teams, Horizon
- Veeam backup and replication
- Scripting: PowerShell
- Industry recognised qualifications
- Previous experience within a similar support role
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with our customers. You will have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. You will have experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
This is a full-time permanent role. In return we are offering a competitive salary up to £30,000-£40,000 per annum (depending on experience), working for Green Duck has plenty of benefits, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Extended holiday allowance (30 days plus your birthday)
- Regular social events
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- As much fresh coffee and tea as you can drink…!
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: 3rd line, 3rd Line Engineer, Network Engineer, IT support, Networking, Network bias, 3rd line support, service desk
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.