Accounts Assistant – Spider is pleased to be working with an independent, well-established, and award-winning freight forwarding and logistics business who are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team based on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The Accounts Assistant will join the Accounts team, working closely with the Operations team to support the accounts and admin function of the business. The key duties include:
- Query management via email and telephone.
- Processing and payment of supplier invoices.
- General ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Maintaining sales & purchase ledger.
- General office administration.
- VAT preparation.
- Assistance with management accounting duties and month-end upon request.
- Working within accounts to support the operations team.
Skills and Attributes include:
- 2 years minimum experience in an accounting role.
- Sales and Purchase ledger experience.
- Holding AAT Level 2/ AATQB or equivalent qualifications.
- Office administration experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to work from own initiative & a willingness to learn.
This is a full-time role with working hours 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. On offer to the ideal candidate is a salary of £19,000 to £21,000 per annum (dependent on experience), 20 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), pension, corporate gym membership, and other perks. Own transport is required as no public transport is available, but parking is free.
This is an opportunity that offers growth within the role, and the chance to join a professional and reputable award-winning business. If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to work for a company who will invest in you, then please forward an up to date CV, with contact details, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accounts Administrator, sales Ledge, Purchase Ledger, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Officer, Accounting
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.