Administrator (Participant Engagement)- Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful environmental education charity, which helps disadvantaged and marginalised adults and children who are struggling to progress in life, work, or education, and who need support to overcome their unique personal barriers. Their team is expanding and now looking for a Administrator (Participant Engagement) to join them on a part-time basis. You will be able to work flexibly between sites in Suffolk and also from home.
You will liaise with the wider team to ensure a smooth journey for our participants. The role forms part of a small and developing team and is an important and integral operational function for the charity. You will be expected to be professional and flexible in your approach. Ensuring administration work to support the PEC team is carried out efficiently and effectively, for the benefit of participants and the organisation. This includes supporting and assisting other team members with their work when required.
- Processing booking forms, information sheets and coordinating transport
- Providing course information and relevant forms to participants
- Maintaining accurate information on our website
- Liaise with participants and external referral agencies to gather information
- Ensure course paperwork is completed correctly and processed efficiently
- Ensure participants eligibility to participate in as per funder criteria
- Keep accurate records of participants, to enable scheduled follow ups
- Manage and escalate safeguarding concerns, working with your manager and where appropriate, other partners
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of compiling and presenting information and reports
- Experience working with both marginalised and diverse communities
- Experienced administrator, who is confident in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly the use of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge about safeguarding practices
- Thorough understanding of GDPR and managing data effectively
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt your approach
- Creative thinker, with proven problem-solving skills
- Strong administration skills, coupled with a good eye for detail and highly organised
- Proven ICT skills and confident with managing data, in line with GDPR
- Demonstrate respect for all cultures, religions and beliefs
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Works equally well independently, on own initiative, and as part of a team
- Experience of updating webpages
- Experience of working with individuals and families who are facing specific challenges which could be related to mental health, trauma or struggling to engage with mainstream education.
- Culturally competent and able to adapt your style to strengthen work around cultural diversity.
This Administrator (Participant Engagement) position is part- time, permanent position - 22 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary of £21,635 (pro rata).
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. Please ensure you include your email address and contact telephone number so that we can contact you easily. Please note, flexible base and will be able to work from home some of the time – occasional travel required. We look forward to hearing from you.
As the post will involve contact with children or vulnerable adults, a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure will be required in the event of a successful application.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Participant Experience Coordinator, PEC, PEA, Coordinator, Project Worker, Support Worker, Administrator, Co-ordinator, Recruitment, Pathways, Part time
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.