Administrator Part-time – Spider is supporting a well-established charity in Suffolk providing services for vulnerable, isolated people, in particular people with learning disabilities and more recently those with mental health needs and vulnerable families. They are looking for an exceptional Administrator to join their team on a part time basis, in Sudbury. This is a fixed term position for 12 months covering maternity leave.
The charity provides a fantastic service which enables people to access a wide range of community-based leisure, social and learning opportunities through their Hub centre sessions, Community Engagement groups, Out and About service, their One-to-One befriending service, and their Community Care Farm.
The Administrator role will assist the Finance and Office Manager (FOM) in the smooth running of all general office/reception processes including supporting the FOM. You will be responsible for maintaining efficient systems and working methods ensuring the accurate and timely implementation of all day-to-day administrative procedures in line with the organisation's growth and requirements. You will support the FOM in the overall control of the charity’s administrative and accounting functions including invoicing and accurate record keeping and providing administrative support to all members of staff as and when required.
As the successful Administrator you will be involved in the following types of tasks:
- Performing database related tasks including ensuring that all records are correct and up to date on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinating and implementing all recruitment procedures in line with agreed organisational processes.
- Continual liaison with Co-ordinators during member and volunteer recruitment processes, co-ordinating the registration process throughout.
- Resolving daily queries regarding memberships, volunteering, signposting and technical support with staff, members, volunteers, and the general public.
- Supporting the FOM in maintaining the organisation’s communication network including mobile phones, internet, PCs, and laptops.
- Arranging and assisting with the organisation of office-based events and AGMs, staff, and trustee meetings.
- Managing the efficient storage and security of all documentation filing systems, maintaining these to meet administrative and legal requirements.
- Reviewing, implementing, and ensuring adherence to all legal health and safety requirements including portable equipment testing and fire safety/risk assessments/accident records in line with organisations and legal requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels of all office sundries and stationery.
- Regularly maintaining and updating the organisation’s website and social media platforms on a daily basis
This is a part time, fixed term contract working 24 hours per week, paying £8.91 - £10.83 per hour.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you feel you have the relevant skills to support this great charity, then please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV including your email address and telephone number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: administrator, administration assistant, office administrator, admin, admin assistant
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.