Agricultural Fitter– Spider is excited to be advertising for an Agricultural Fitter to join a well-known family farming business, established in 1939 that grow combinable sugar beet, crops, and early new season root vegetable production for all year-round supply. Are you looking for a new, exciting opportunity? This Agricultural Fitter role is a on a full-time, permanent basis, based in East Wretham just outside of Thetford, Norfolk.
They are looking to recruit an Agricultural Fitter to help maintain our extensive range of agricultural machinery. The successful applicant will be able to provide a high-quality repair and maintenance service. They will be able to work on their own initiative and as part of the workshop team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Day-to-day responsibility (including Health and Safety) for the effective maintenance of the equipment, this includes good housekeeping and correct use of PPE
- Ensure reactive jobs are completed in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that maintenance records are completed and administered correctly
- Able to work and operate well within a team, but also confident to use own initiative when required
Skills and attributes required
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Hydraulics experience desirable
- Appropriate mechanical engineering qualification desirable
- Previous experience of servicing equipment essential
- Welding and fabrication desirable
- Abrasive wheels training desirable
- General maintenance experience essential
- Electrical experience/qualification desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Agricultural Fitter to be part of a successful and well-known farming business and become a highly valued member of the team.
On offer is a competitive salary of £30000-£40000 per annum depending on experience.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: fitter, engineering, farming, machinery, welding, fabrication, agricultural, harvest, arable, crop,
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.