Application Technologist – Omega Ingredients are a multi- award-winning manufacturer and supplier of innovative, natural, and organic ingredients for flavours and fragrances and to the food and beverage markets. We are seeking an Application Technologist to join our team in Great Blakenham, Suffolk.
Omega recently joined the worldwide leader in natural ingredients, the Robertet Group. Robertet is present in over 50 countries and has approximatively 2000 employees worldwide. We now benefit from Robertet’s expertise and creativity in natural materials and this new venture also enhances all the values that have made Omega so unique and successful. It’s a brilliant time to join Omega as we enter our next period of continued growth.
The Application Technologist will support the needs of the creative team and Sales Mangers developing innovative new application concepts to best showcase the flavours created by the Creative Team in a wide range of applications. Creating innovative concepts for customer presentations to support the business growth strategy. As well as Effectively contributing to the achievement of the Omega Vision.
Other key responsibilities include
- Evaluations of flavours in applications for briefs, research projects and portfolio evaluations
- Select optimal flavours for projects according to specified requirements (i.e. customer, regulatory, legislation, costs) and suggest improvements for the most common applications
- Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies for customer projects in specific applications
- Preparation for customer visits and industry exhibitions
- Work closely with the Principal Flavourist to ensure the delivery of project within the customers guidelines
- Compounding of demonstration samples including applications of flavours in end applications
- Assessing suitability of products
- Maintain a well-kept and organised workbook for all project and proactive work.
- Ensuring stock of raw materials is kept up to date
- Actively maintain the flavour performance data for the flavour portfolio through evaluation in finished product and capture of profiles
- Support in manufacturing flavour builds in production
As our Application Technologist you will have relevant demonstratable experience gained in a similar role and previous experience in an applications technologist role. You will be capable of managing your own workload and be confident in liaising at all levels in the business. Knowledge and experience of a flavours processing or working within a manufacturing environment is desirable as is previous experience of working within standards i.e. ISO, BRC.
The Application Technologist will also have excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a flexible approach to business needs.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week. On offer is a competitive salary between £30,000 - £40,000 per annum with 33 days holidays (including bank holidays) as well as a host of benefits including free gym sessions, private healthcare, and cycle scheme plus lots more.
Our continued & planned growth allows us the opportunity to seek further talent to join our experienced professionals. If you thrive on challenges & are enthusiastic about variety, we could be exactly right for you. As an Investor in People, we care what our teams think and are proud to be able to offer an environment where you are more than just a number.
If you would like to explore this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please – Any communication will be redirected back to Spider.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: technologist, application, food, production, operative, manufacturing, , ERP, food safety, GMP
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.