Assembly Technician – Spider is advertising on behalf of a well-established and highly regarded scientific equipment brand manufacturer, who due to business growth are looking for two Assembly Technicians to join their company based in Ipswich, on a full-time basis.
The Assembly Technician will be expected, after training, to build and test from the complete range of SP products manufactured at the Ipswich facility. The Assembly Technician will report to the Production Manager.
For the successful candidate, there is a three-tier progression system:
T1 – Those that start in the department will enter the team at a training level. Following a training cycle, it is intended you will become proficient in building products from at least 1 line independently and promoted to a T2 at the time of the next appraisal cycle.
T2 – Experienced team members, you will be proficient in at least 1 product line and be able to train and/or mentor those at T1 level.
T3 – Expert team members, you will have demonstrated skillset from 3 of the 5 following…
- > 5 years’ experience
- Proficiency in 3+ product lines.
- FGAS certified (if product line requires)
- Product expert, i.e. service and / or engineering regularly use you as a knowledge base.
- Qualification to ONC / 3 A-levels or equivalent or those who have served an engineering apprenticeship.
For the Assembly Technician the key tasks will be
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical sub-systems and full build of SP products.
- Testing of mechanical and electrical assemblies to ensure the product meets the quality standards.
- Chamber and condenser assembly, including gassing/evacuation and brazing
- Low level fault diagnoses and correction
- Movement of materials / products.
- In process quality inspection / testing of material and products, including maintaining our quality records for our QMS Iso 9001 accreditation.
- Help with the training of other personnel on build and test processes when suitably experienced.
- Highlighting any defaults with items received from outside contractors / suppliers or other departments.
- Will be expected to meet the defined build times for each product line at the required quality levels and product specifications.
- Mechanical ability
- Practical person, who can build/create using their hands,
- Brazing and soldering skills
- Quality awareness
- Computer literate and able to write and communicate in English.
- Practical knowledge of production manufacturing industry
- Excellent eye for detail
- Team player with ability to work with and motivate fellow colleagues
- Capable of multi-tasking with the ability of flexible thinking
Other skills and attributes:
- Experience in mechanical assembly within a light engineering environment
- Machine shop experience, including the reading of mechanical drawings
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work including Manual handling techniques.
- Time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering
- ONC, C&G, NVQ (or equivalent) in a mechanical or electrical discipline
This is a full-time permanent role, which is physically demanding, and you will be required to follow all Health & Safety, PPE and ESD procedures in force as per company rules.
In return, the company are offer a competitive salary (depending on experience) starting from £19,900.58 as well as a great benefits package of 25 days holiday (increases with service), Life Assurance, Company Pension, Employee Assistance Programmes, Access to discount website, ongoing training, regular company meetings, Employee Referral scheme and Impact Award programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress in a rewarding career. If you have the relevant skills, attributes, or experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Assembly Technician, Mechanical, Assembly Operative, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.