Assistant Management Accountant – Spider is advertising on behalf of an established family business whose primary business is agricultural and turf machinery sales plus after-sales support including parts and service departments, with 200 staff across 7 depots across Suffolk, Essex, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire and an annual turnover of c£66m. They are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Management Account to join their evolving Finance Department at their Head Office in Worlingworth near Woodbridge.
The Assistant Management Accountant will provide support to the Finance Manager in day-to-day financial reporting matters and production of comprehensive monthly Management Accounts. You will be required to prepare detailed, accurate reconciliations and reports and the ideal person should be efficient, accurate and have a ‘first time right’ philosophy’
Specific Management Account Duties
- Overall assistance with the Month End close processes, producing necessary working papers and journal entries.
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations including the following:
- Fixed Asset register reconciliation
- Stock reconciliation
- Lease reconciliation
- All other debtor & creditor reconciliations
- Loan account reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Other Monthly duties
- VAT return preparation and submission
- Intrastat, EU Sales and other Government statistical returns
- Oversee company fleet
- FCA reporting and administration
- Payroll & Pension assistance
- Deputise where necessary on directing the finance team or assisting with their workflow
- Various ad hoc duties and projects to support the Finance Manager and CFO
The successful candidate will have:
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (e.g: Lookups, Pivots tables etc)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Proactive and acts on own initiative
- A good communicator, able to work both within a team and individually
- Ideally, part-qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA or interested in studying
This is a full-time permanent position and in return, they are offering a salary of £28,000 – 32,000 per annum (based on experience) plus benefits.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Management Accountant, Part Qualified Accountant, Accountant, Accountancy, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, Finance Manager
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.