Assistant Management Accountant - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful supplier of Scientific equipment company based in Ipswich, Suffolk, who are looking for an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join their team.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, your responsibilities will include be to maintain the cashbook on daily basis, including monitoring cash levels, transferring balances as required and setting up payments. Assisting with the month end accounts process and other spreadsheets as and when required. Completion of the monthly VAT return and associated forms.
Other key duties include:
- Updating the cashbook daily
- Reconciling any bank notifications to money received
- Daily cash flow report
- Updating UK AR checking and chasing older debts as required
- Weekly sales gap analysis
- Weekly cash goals report and explanations
- Updating exchange rates
- Closing and invoicing service works orders
- Setting up bank payments as and when required
- Reconciling the credit card statement at the end of each month
- Preparation and filing of VAT return, Intrastat and EC sales list
- Reconciling form C79 for import VAT and dealing with as required
- Selling foreign currencies as and when required
- Management Pack
- US Tax
- Preparing commercial invoices as required
- Preparation of Letter of Credits as required.
- Tasks as identified on the month end checklist
- Other reconciliations and reports as required.
- Cover for accounts assistant, telephonist
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Good knowledge of financial accounting
- Appreciation of information needs of management
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to produce clear, meaningful reports
- Able to organise own workload effectively
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with ability to use Word and Outlook. Ability to adapt to new software essential
- Experience of financial accountancy with good knowledge of bookkeeping and accounts preparation.
- AAT qualification
- Working towards a further accountancy qualification
This Assistant Management Accountant position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a salary of up to £27,000 (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits including: Private healthcare and Company pension scheme
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accounts Management, Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Officer, Accounting
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.