Assistant Manager - Spider are advertising on behalf of a highly successful, 126-year-old family retail business, that has department stores across Norfolk and Suffolk.
They are currently looking for 3 full-time experienced Assistant Manager’s to support the Store Manager’s at 3 sites, in and around Norwich.
As the Assistant Manager, you will work alongside the Store Manager to improve the commercial performance of the store and to coach and support your teams to deliver exceptional customer service and excellent store standards to maximise sales and profitability. Core duties include:
- Assisting the store management team with employee related processes such as recruitment, appraisals, performance management and general business communication.
- Delivering standards set by the management team to ensure your customers receive the best possible shopping experience.
- Supporting the senior team to adapt layout plans to keep in line with range review recommendations.
- Deputising in the absence of the store manager to ensure the smooth running of the store.
- Ensuring compliance with the H&S requirements for the store.
- Assisting the management team to review sales performance, assisting with the planning, and implementing of the resulting changes to improve sales.
- Assisting the management team to identify ways to increase bottom line contribution of the store.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- You will have worked in a multi-department retail environment.
- Achieving targets through effective performance management of your team and have the enthusiasm to drive your own development.
- Team player with positive “can do” attitude and to lead by example and take responsibility.
- You’ll have a strong customer focus and be able to deal confidently with customers, colleagues, and suppliers in a friendly and professional manner.
- A great communicator with strong organisational skills and a positive and enthusiastic, personality.
The Assistant Manager position is a full-time position, working 39 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 (including Saturday/Sunday). On offer is a salary of £23,000-£26,000 per year (depending on experience), as well as great benefits including:
- Excellent Pension Scheme & Life Assurance.
- Medical Insurance.
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 20% in store.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus.
- Free Staff Parking (dependant on location)
- Ongoing training & development and progression opportunities
Are you looking to work with a successful retail business and have the relevant skills and experience needed? If the answer is yes, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: retail, shop manager, shop supervisor, management, leader
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.