Bus Mechanic / PSV Technician
Spider Recruitment Services are recruiting on behalf of a well-established, award-winning coach company based on the outskirts of Cambridge, who are looking to add to their team of technicians.
The successful candidate will be joining a skilled close-knit team of dedicated technicians that help their customers keep the wheels turning, by ensuring every vehicle meets and exceeds strict industry standards, with a business that is willing to invest in your training and development along the way.
Duties will include:
- Working in a fully equipped, spacious, and busy vehicle repair workshop, maintaining the company’s fleet of modern vehicles on a rolling service schedule in-line with DVSA standards and practices.
- Carrying out routine servicing and repairs.
- Preparing vehicles for annual test.
- One off special projects
- Routine vehicle examinations.
- Using the latest diagnostic equipment to diagnose faults and specifying the correct method of repair.
- Complying with all relevant Engineering SOPs and VOSA testing requirements.
- Maintaining and developing technical skills through on-going training.
Skills and Attributes:
- You will Ideally be an IRTEC accredited, not essential however
- You will ideally be apprentice trained and fully qualified PCV Mechanic / PSV Technician / HGV Fitter, with either City & Guilds or NVQ level 2 / 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics Maintenance & Repair or equivalent.
- Relevant background and 5-year minimum experience maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles such as coaches, buses, HGV, PSV / PCV, LGV, working with diesel engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, power trains, and electrics.
- You will ideally possess a current PCV licence or be willing to be trained to achieve, to enable road testing and brake testing.
In return you will be paid £33,500 - £36,000 – depending on experience and overtime, based on a 45 hour working week. You will be offered any training and development to meet the needs of the business as part of this package.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: PCV mechanic, PSV, Technician, HGV mechanic, IRTEC, mechanic, vehicle repairs, coach, bus, automotive
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.