Business Growth Adviser - Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, one of the leading business membership organisations in Suffolk, are looking for a confident, driven, and knowledgeable Business Growth Adviser to join our reputable New Anglia Growth Hub team, based in Ipswich, to support our Scale Up New Anglia programme.
As Business Growth Adviser for Scale Up New Anglia, you will be identifying and assessing businesses with high growth potential to become part of the Scale Up programme, as well as assisting with the delivery of the programme.
- Identify a target list of local businesses with potential high growth using a range of data sources
- Engage with an agreed number of high growth businesses in order to undertake diagnostics, identifying their needs and potential opportunities to become part of the ‘silver’ and ‘gold’ Scale Up business leaders programme
- Attend meetings and events, deliver presentations, and assist with marketing that helps to raise the profile of the Scale Up programme
- Assist with the set up and delivery of the Scale Up mentoring programme
Key skills required:
- Wide range of business knowledge, particularly with high growth business
- Understanding of the local business landscape across Norfolk and Suffolk
- Previous experience of business management or managing an SME business
- Confident in engaging with senior business people
- Networking skills
- Presentation skills
- Achieving tasks against set deadlines
- Able to communicate information to a wide business audience
- Good communicator
This role involves travel across Norfolk and Suffolk so the candidate must have a full driving licence and transport for business use. You must also have an appropriate SFEDI or other relevant professional qualification or willingness to work towards achieving this.
This is a full-time position based in Ipswich and on offer is a salary of £30,000 per annum plus expenses, company pension, and healthcare package. We offer flexible working opportunities, including home working.
This post is funded by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy for a fixed term ending on 30 November 2021 and only continuing subject to an extension of funding.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, incorporating details as to why you feel you are best suited for this role, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications: 20 August 2020
Interview dates: 2 & 3 September 2020
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Business Advisor, Advisor, Business Growth Advisor, Business Development, Growth, business consultant, business consultancy, funding advisor, business manager
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.