Business Skills Adviser - Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, one of the leading business membership organisations in Suffolk, are looking for a confident, driven and knowledgeable Business Skills Adviser to join our reputable New Anglia Growth Hub team to support training, skills and employment growth across Norfolk and Suffolk. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of business, skills, Apprenticeships, and training knowledge, with the ability to diagnose issues, solutions, and opportunities.
As Business Skills Adviser, you will be assessing the skills needs of new and established businesses, spotting barriers to success and agreeing a plan of action to overcome them, including reskilling, training, and Apprenticeships. By raising awareness of the support on offer and identifying ways to support skills growth, you will be helping local businesses to achieve their potential.
- Identify a target list of local businesses with skills growth potential using a range of data sources
- Engage with an agreed number of businesses in order to undertake diagnostics, identifying their skills needs and potential opportunities to reskill current staff, identify training needs, and offer Apprenticeships
- Work with partners to offer the most appropriate training, upskilling and where required recruitment solutions
- Attend meetings and events, deliver presentations, and assist with marketing that helps to raise the profile of the skills programme
Key skills required:
- Wide range of business knowledge, particularly with high growth business
- Understanding of the local business landscape across Norfolk and Suffolk
- Understanding of current skills, training and Apprenticeship opportunities and suppliers
- Confident in engaging with senior business people
- Networking skills
- Presentation skills
- Achieving tasks against set deadlines
- Able to communicate information to a wide business audience
This role involves travel across Norfolk and Suffolk so the candidate must have a full driving licence and transport for business use. You must also have an appropriate SFEDI or other relevant professional qualification or willingness to work towards achieving this.
This is a full-time position based in Ipswich and on offer is a salary of £30,000 per annum plus expenses, company pension, and healthcare package. We offer flexible working opportunities, including home working.
This post is funded by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy for a fixed term ending on 31 March 2021 and only continuing subject to an extension of funding.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, incorporating details as to why you feel you are best suited for this role, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications: 20 August 2020
Interview dates: 2 & 3 September 2020
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Skills Adviser, Skills Advisor, Career Adviser, Career Advisor, SFEDI, Employability Skills, Apprenticeship, Training Advisor, Business Skills Advisor
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.