Buyer - Timberwolf is a highly successful, award-winning Design and Manufacturing business with 35 years of heritage. Due to continued growth, we are now searching for an experienced Buyer to join our team based in Stowmarket, Suffolk.
Are you a confident, pro-active Buyer? Do you have previous experience as a Buyer or Inventory Control?
The Buyer will be part of the Timberwolf Purchasing Team, supporting Warehouse and Operations teams, ensuring that parts and services are procured to produce Timberwolf Products and support the wider business need as necessary. As part of this it will be expected that a portfolio of Suppliers will be managed, with a mind to purchase at ‘best value’ for the business. You will be reporting into the Procurement Manager as well as acting as deputy for the Procurement specialist as required.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that existing MRP data and newly released products are correctly set-up and effectively maintained as well as maintaining Purchasing data accuracy within MRP system
- Manage delivery of components in line with Just In Time (JIT) principles
- Maintain the supplier details database within Winman
- Process spares tickets as required.
- Identify potential savings by re-source of current components
- Manage Kan-Ban supplier accounts & Indirect Commodity Purchases
- Resolve Invoice queries with Suppliers as necessary
- Report on supplier delivery performance internally and externally
- Promote Continuous Improvement in the Timberwolf Supply Chain
- Assist in specific projects given by the Operations/Procurement Manager
- Proactive approach to Continuous Improvement in association with suppliers and procurement
To be considered for this Buyer role you will need comprehensive experience in a similar role. This will include buying electro-mechanical items as well as Supplier Accountant Management including SRM. You will need an understanding of Purchase to Pay process & 3-way match. You will have excellent communication skills, and be competent with Microsoft packages including Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
This is a full-time position. On offer is a competitive salary depending on experience.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: buyer, procurement, inventory control, stock controller, SRM
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.