CAD Technician – Brafe Engineering Limited is looking to strengthen their Foundry team and are seeking a CAD Technician who is experienced in working in the manufacturing and engineering sectors, to join their team based in Woodbridge, Suffolk.
Brafe Engineering Limited are an employee owned company and we are a world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy castings supporting global customers with an end-to end single service solution.
As an CAD Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Senior CAD Engineer and Methods Engineer in producing and preparing CAD models for our Foundry and Machine Shop.
- Produce 3D models by scanning existing pattern equipment.
- Able to plan, design and manage projects.
- Work closely with the Foundry, Pattern Shop, Machine Shop and Quality department.
Skills & Attributes
- General CAD experience is desirable, training is supplied for specific packages.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Have an interest in and understand manufacturing processes and general engineering principles.
- Ideally have an NVQ Level 3 and above, or A Levels in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics based subjects.
- Must work to a high level of accuracy, be motivated, and have a drive to learn as this role is a good opportunity to develop and thrive in the engineering department.
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Office and Mathematics
This is a full-time permanent working 37 hours a week, with a holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum plus bank holidays. In return we are offering a competitive salary up to £22,000 to £25,000 (depending on experience) and offering a highly competitive pension and life cover.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: CAD, CAD Engineer, technical drawings, CAD models, 3D models
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.