Chief Financial Officer - Spider is advertising on behalf of a leading supplier of medical devices to the NHS and private healthcare sectors for three decades, which is seeking to appoint its first Chief Financial Officer, to join the team in Newbury.
The company collaborated with over 500 different hospitals throughout the UK and Ireland last year. It distributes through a network of distributors in other EU markets, Australia, New Zealand and the USA. A related business provides and grows global sales channels directly or indirectly for SMEs and start-up businesses within the orthopaedic, spine and medical device industry. Group revenue has grown very rapidly over the past 2 years.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will work closely with the management team to help develop and monitor progress against a strategy for ambitious and entrepreneurial growth.
The remit of the role:
- Lead on scenario planning and business modelling to provide comprehensive insight into future revenue streams and initiatives.
- Active negotiation on key contractual agreements.
- Own the development of company systems, processes, and controls.
- Agree and monitor business wide KPIs to ensure continued improvement in delivery and progress against the strategic plan.
- Review and approve all annual budgets/forecasts.
- Oversee all risk and compliance programmes relevant to the role, including insurance, company policies and legal issues as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with bankers, auditors, and legal advisors.
- Ensuring the business's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation and oversee all audit and tax work for the company.
- Evaluate and prepare submissions for capex ensuring a clear investment case for the Board, and monitoring and reporting on ROI from internal and external investment.
- Input into commercial tenders, pitches, and negotiations with customers.
You will be a highly skilled and dynamic finance professional who can demonstrate:
- Experience of strong financial control within a product-based business
- Use of analytical and communication skills to help the business use KPIs to improve performance.
- Successful commercial negotiation skills
- Management of areas of operations outside the finance department
- A qualification in accountancy
If you can add evidence of any of the following, that will enhance your chances of selection:
- Energy, humour, and commitment
- Experience in the medical device sector
- Corporate finance
This is a full-time permanent position and in return, we are offering a generous package plus benefits (depending on experience).
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: CFO, Group CFO, CFOO, Finance Director, Chief Finance Officer
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.