Communication and Engagement Lead– United Response is a charity that supports people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs, at home and in the community. We are looking for a Communication and Engagement Coordinator to shape and deliver our communications and engagement strategy which will be used to inform and inspire a range of internal and external audiences. Including more than 3,500 social care staff working across England and Wales!
As our new Communication and Engagement Lead you will be a fresh pair of eyes on a key strand of communications at United Response. Responsibilities do not stop there – also involved within the role is:
- Taking a lead on staff engagement, advertising, events, online campaigns and much more
- Working closely with our digital team to completely refresh our digital marketing approach
- Firmly embedding our approach into our work and bringing it into a new era
- Help shape and deliver a creative new internal communications strategy for the charity
- Manage the department’s case study and photography libraries, ensuring content is relevant, current, compliant and ready for use internally and externally
- Deliver a regular flow of newsletters and publications to staff but also external audiences such as funders and stakeholders
- Lead on the planning of and participation at exhibitions on behalf of United Response
- Oversee the delivery of an annual satisfaction survey of people we support and their families
- Line manage a Marketing and Communications Officer and ensure their work integrates with other areas of the department, such as digital and press
- Contribute to other related communications activities such as advertising, blogging, video editing and design work where required.
As our new Communication and Engagement Lead, the ideal candidate will have the following qualities
- Be an exceptional relationship builder with the ability to completely be at ease working with colleagues at all levels to source content, develop ideas and share information with staff
- Have a firm grasp on the discipline of contemporary internal communications with a commitment to a multi-channel approach of delivering ‘best in class’ content
- Be a natural problem solver with an ability to face a challenge
- Possess a ‘get go’ proactive attitude with the capacity to make things happen and bring colleagues on the journey with you
- Be a superb and versatile communicator capable of cutting through the complex to produce clear content through a number of channels and to differing audiences
- Be an ambassador of clear, effective communication
- Be a true champion of a consistent approach to all communications and engagement at the charity, from email to e-marketing
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy when needed to ensure that sensitive information and messages are delivered to the right people, in the right way and at the right time.
Key skills required:
- Expert knowledge of email marketing tools (mailchimp, best practices and optimisation
- Fluency in standard Microsoft Office tools, Yammer and internet browsers, whilst having significant experience of using MS Teams
- Experience of managing a team or colleagues, striving to strike a balance of supporting them but encouraging them to develop
- Experience of using video creation tools and Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop and InDesign
- An understanding of adult social care, its role in society and its place within the present political landscape is desirable, however not essential
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, particularly in the context of internal communications
This is a full time, permanent role. On offer is a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum, with a mixture of home working and attending our Croydon office.
Other benefits will include, 25 days paid annual leave, additional annual leave after 3- and 5-years’ service, access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services. Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications, Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan) as well as access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that this role is subject to a full DBS check.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: communications, engagement, marketing, charity, digital
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.