Communities and Marketing Assistant – At Stowmarket Town Council, we are currently looking for a part time Communities and Marketing Assistant 3 days a week position working Monday and Tuesday and Fridays to support our Communities Team.
As a Communities and Marketing Assistant you will be reporting to the Communities and Partnership Manager carrying out various tasks, such as: the design and creation of marketing material both offline and digitally, help to maintain and promote key stakeholder relationships and supports the team on delivering key projects and events within the town throughout the year.
- Assisting the team in the preparation and delivery of the marketing calendar to ensure maximum engagement, duties will include: creative copy writing, blog posts, press releases, digital content and the creation and design of offline material such as posters, newsletters and display boards.
- Monitor and update the organisations website content and social media channels as part of the marketing calendar, including scheduling of social media posts and supporting on digital content creation.
- Provide event support in the creation of literature, engagement with stakeholders, development of brochures, setting up and attendance at events, including Councillor engagement Events. The Events held include Food & Drink Festival, Stow Fiesta, Town Awards, Christmas Lights Switch On and Councillors in the Market Place.
- Supporting the engagement of the Town Council by creating content for publications, press releases, digital marketing channels, newsletters and blogs.
- Supporting the team with creative campaigns, planning and executing social media plans, project managing print productions such as seasonal brochures, working with local advertisers and press, planning distribution, and providing excellent customer service via all the venues digital platforms.
- Supporting the internal communications of the team, including monthly reporting and presentation creation providing print, social, latest news and project updates.
Skills and Attributes:
- Possess excellent and engaging copy/creative writing skills, with attention to detail on grammar.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous Marketing/Events experience desirable
- High quality completer/finisher with meticulous attention to detail.
- Adobe Photoshop experience desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously and prioritise work effectively.
- Strong commitment to personal development, to be inquisitive and using every opportunity to increase knowledge, develop skills and abilities.
This fantastic opportunity to play a key role in supporting the organisations community engagement, public relations and media profile. You will receive a salary of £19,554 per annum, Pro Rata for 18.5 hrs per week £9,777. This position is working Monday’s, Tuesday’s 9.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 11.30am to 4.00pm. Please note there will be the occasional requirement to attend evening meetings and weekend events A supportive and stimulating working environment to develop and showcase your skills.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Additional keywords:, marketing assistant, community, partnerships, public relations, relationships, customer service
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.