Communities Engagement Coordinator – Stowmarket Town Council is highly ambitious and is seeking to recruit for a Communities Engagement Coordinator to help deliver a varied and interesting programme of projects and events.
Working as part of a team of 5 people and supporting the Communities and Partnerships Relationship Manager, the Communities Engagement Coordinator’s duties include:
- Being an effective ambassador of the organisation in working with multiple local stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
- Maintaining positive relationships with local community groups and customers
- Coordinating projects, through effective planning, programming, liaison, resource allocation and delivery
- Giving presentations with commitment and confidence to a wide variety of audiences including at public meetings
- Coordinating the Town Council’s Grant Awards Schemes
- Promoting the growth of volunteering in the town
- Coordinating environmental projects in support of the town’s Environment Forum
- Supporting the delivery of effective public relations, marketing and communications including content management for the website
- Attending event planning meetings and undertaking follow-up actions
- Handling customer enquiries
- Overseeing the maintenance and accuracy of a database of community activities and events
- Reporting on progress with various work streams including all press and digital activity
Skills and Attributes:
- Passionate about serving the local community
- Effective team player who is prepared to go the extra mile in working to support their colleagues across the organisation
- Strong listening skills with the ability to provide assistance to diverse community groups and internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communications skills being articulate in providing meaningful information to others
- Ability to lead projects to achieve positive outcomes on the ground
- Excellent marketing, communications skills and able to write compelling and persuasive copy and content due to social media and online campaign activities.
- Strong commitment to personal development, to be inquisitive and using every opportunity to increase knowledge, develop skills and abilities
- Educated to a high level being typically graduate level or similar
- Discretion in handling confidential information and managing key relationships with politicians, local businesses and local organisations
- Flexibility to attend occasional evening meetings (up to 4 per year) with attendance at some weekend events (up to 5 per year)
This is a full-time permanent role. An excellent opportunity to work for an ambitious organisation that serves a community of 21,000 people. The employer is seeking to appoint someone who cares about what they do and is committed to making a positive contribution to the work of the organisation. In return, you will receive a salary of £23,000 per annum (depending on experience), and a stimulating working environment, to develop and showcase your skills.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our organisation, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: community, partnerships, marketing, public relations, relationships, networking, leadership, partnerships
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.