Contracts Estimator - Dura Composites is an award-winning and leading supplier of composite products. We have been established for over 24 years and twice been awarded the Queen's Award (2017 & 2020). We are looking for a Contracts Estimator to join our team based in Clacton on Sea, Essex, on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Contracts Estimator, you will validate and quantify resource required for assisting in quoting and tendering prospective construction and contract-related work.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the preparation of “layout” and “as-built” drawings using Dura components and submit to client using approved document control.
- Manage the preparation of models and submit to client through approved document control for federation into client BIM model.
- Assist with quotations using information provided by the Construction/Contracts sales team, or customers, using the most appropriate software and/or Microsoft Excel by producing Bills of Quantities.
- Liaise with Construction Managers regarding technical and practical issues relative to enquiries and orders, ensuring they are kept up to date and ensure that an informed solution is presented.
- Create PDF mark-ups, take-off schedules of riser voids, support beams & other relevant projects (walkways secondary access solutions).
- Validate enquiries to ensure that we can offer a solution within our company/department.
- Conduct/assist site surveys when required to ensure correct information is gathered.
- Assist in creating scope of works to aid payment applications and progress tracking.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & competencies:
- Product knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Expert in AutoCAD Professional, Bluebeam, Revu, or other relevant design software
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Expert in Microsoft Excel Formulae, Macros and Queries
- Great attention to detail with good organisation skills and rapid decision making
- Active Listener with good interpersonal communication
- Clear understanding of company and departmental vision
This is a full-time, permanent role with office hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. In return, we are offering a competitive salary of £24,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience) 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays with option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday (5 days to be taken over Christmas period). As well as, People’s Pension, Staff Wellness Benefits, Recognition Events, Free refreshments & Fresh Fruit, Annual Company Away Day, and Choice of PRIDE Experience Outings.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: contracts, product knowledge, estimator, construction, sales, quantity, quality, surveys
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.