Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a professional and well-regarded Facilities Management Service Provider who are looking for an experienced Contract’s Manager for a large TFM Contract based in Watford.
You will be based local to Watford as you will be responsible for the day-to-day running and overall delivery of the TFM services across a new, state of the art HQ for one of the largest department stores in the UK. The services included in what you will be overseeing is the following: Fabric Maintenance, M&E (Mechanical and Electrical) Services, Cleaning, Security and works on some small/ additional project.
A key part of this role will also be direct line manager of 4 people, with the team totalling around 15. Along with this, the individual must be able to demonstrate where they have implemented new methods and processes or come up with innovative ideas on previous contracts. Provide leadership, and those contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
Other Duties in the role include the following:
- Management of day-to-day maintenance, including instruction of contractors; inspection of works and authorisation
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and companies’ policies and standards
- Ensure proper financial and contractual management for technical/engineering contracts and project works
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
- Ensure that all services operate to their optimum energy efficiency and strive for continuous improvement.
- Provide a full technical support service to internal departments
- Providing a learning environment, appropriate training and development planning. Whilst ensuring basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and can reach their full future potential
- Correct managing and working with P&L to the value of £3million
The ideal Contract’s Manager will have the following:
- MUST have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in another similar position
- Essential to previously have an M&E Background
- Commercially and financially astute and can demonstrate a strong background in previous roles
- Must also be able to build open and honest rapport with some key personnel and stakeholders
- Previous experience in managing a large site-based team
- High level of understanding of building services compliance requirements
- Good technical writing skills
- Living within a commutable distance to Watford
- Full UK Drivers License
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.