Customs Entry Clerk - Spider are advertising on behalf of a highly successful freight forwarder and shipping specialist who prides themselves on their knowledge, experience, expertise and service company based in Felixstowe, Suffolk, who are looking for an experienced Customs Entry Clerk to join their team.
As the Customs Entry Clerk you will be familiar with the legal requirements regarding importing and exporting shipments as well as the flow of paperwork to ensure Customs clearances are obtained quickly and deliveries are made in good time. Your key duties will include:
- Managing import shipments and documentation such as preparing files, completing customs declarations (both Imports and Exports) using Forwarding Software.
- Dealing with Port Health, CVEDS, Organic Certificates, guarantees etc.
- Rating files ready for invoicing and carrying out various customs duties and VAT via Fas and Deferment account
- Liaising with the customer to advise of progress, clearances and answer queries
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through data management including arranging onward deliveries or devanning via warehouse where required
- Various administration duties including data entry.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar Customs role is essential.
- Knowledge of import and export declarations
- Confident with figures and excellent IT skills, including experience of using Forwarding Software
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, is important for the role.
This Customs Entry Clerk position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a salary of £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience).
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: customs, forwarding, import, shipping, freight
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.