Delivery Driver / Storesperson – Are you looking to be a Delivery Driver /Storesperson in an ever-changing environment with plenty of perks? Spider is advertising on behalf of a national and highly respected electrical wholesale company who are looking for a Delivery Driver / Storesperson to join their team based in Bridgwater on a full-time basis.
They are recruiting for a motivated individual operating from their successful Bridgwater branch. This a nationwide business with over 370 locations supplying goods to the electrical industry through deliveries and the Trade Counter.
The role of Delivery Driver / StoresPerson will require a hard-working and motivated individual to grow within the business, working within an experienced team to ensure deliveries get to customers efficiently and professionally, as well as booking goods into the warehouse on assisting the rest of the team when needed. You will not only learn about customer service and the how the trade operates, but also be part of a team in which no two days are the same.
The role of Delivery Driver / Storesperson includes but is not limited to:
- Deliver customers goods in a safe and efficient manner in a company van
- Keep accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is filed appropriately
- Lifting heavy products or parcels
- Keep company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive
- Professional with customers at all times and maintain the high standards of our business
- Maintain and book in any goods within the stores when not driving the van
- Be open to developing within the business and learning new skills
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock as well as sorting and placing materials or items on to racks, and shelves.
- Collecting items from throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule
Ideally the Delivery Driver/ Storesperson will have previous experience within Electrical Wholesale. You will have confidence in speaking to a variety of people, excellent communication skills and a good telephone manner. The ability to follow procedures whilst being accurate and efficient is a must as well as being hardworking with the willingness to learn. A forklift licence is preferred but not essential. It would beneficial for you to have good knowledge of the local area.
This is a full-time position offering a salary of up £23,500 per annum depending on experience. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7.30am-5pm and alternate Saturdays 8am-12pm. Benefits include: a bonus scheme, company pension and profit sharing.
Interested in this great opportunity? If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV (including your contact telephone number and email address) as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Keywords; electrical, wholesale, multi-drop, driving, van driver, delivery driver, stores, warehouse, forklift, customer, service
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.