Deputy Manager – Cascade is opening a new home to support young people and adults living with autism and learning difficulties along the road to greater independence. With our new home opening in November 2020, we are looking for a passionate, motivated Deputy Manager to join our Adult Services team based in Norwich on a permanent, full time basis.
As Deputy Manager in one of our homes, you will be required to ensure the promotion and provision of the highest standard of care is always delivered to our residents, maximising their life potential in a way that respects their privacy and dignity. We are dedicated to promoting independence and ensuring recognition of equality and diversity in the provision of our care.
- Assisting the Registered Manager in ensuring excellent standards of person centered, holistic care is delivered by all staff
- Support and assist the Registered Manager, and deputise during their absence in ensuring the home is functioning effectively and safely
- Assisting residents where support is required, following, and updating care plans, support plans and risk assessments
- Documenting and evidencing care by completing daily notes and be involved in discussing how best to support someone's need in the least restrictive way
- Work collaboratively with the wider Cascade team to deliver health and well-being and educational programmes within the home.
- Participate in referral process and development of assessment and transition planning
- Support in recruitment and induction of new staff
- Active involvement in the implementation and design of Cascades quality assurance programmes
- Report any incidents of abuse, mistreatment, or non-compliance within the home to the Registered Manager and implement any outcomes from investigations
- Implement policy on ordering, administration, storage, and destruction of medication.
- Audit checks on MAR sheets and evidence spot checks
- Take joint responsibility for the promotion and management of employees training including.
- Skills for Care - care certificate, NVQ’s, e-learning, ensuring that all policies and procedures are read and understood and role specific training
- Work with the Registered Manager to produce effective and efficient rota planning
- Maintain good working relationships with staff and promote effective resolution of team conflicts
- Ensuring regular supervision sessions and appraisals are completed
- Provide on-call support as part of rota.
Skills and attributes required:
- Exceptional communicational, observational, organisational, listening and writing skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Experience within a management role within social care, preferably with adults/young people with learning disabilities
- Should hold a Level 3 Health and Social Care with Management Qualification or be willing to undertake training to achieve this
- Full UK Driving License with access to own vehicle
In return for our perfect applicant, we are offering a salary of £25,500 per annum plus bonuses based on CQC inspection reports and 5% bonus on annual objectives.
We also provide a full and robust induction process, and the successful applicant will be enrolled onto our e-learning scheme, to gain in-depth knowledge about how we work and the different difficulties/diagnoses our residents live with. You will also receive regular training opportunities and have the ability to participate in the development of Cascade Care.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: deputy manager, care, learning difficulties, mental health, support work, care, work, autism support
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.