Digital Copywriter Spider are advertising on behalf of a highly successful leading utility tree surgery company based in Needham Market, Suffolk, who are looking for an experienced Digital Copywriter on a part time basis. Hours are negotiable but expected to total around 20 a week.
As the Digital Copywriter who has an abundance of digital media skill. You can work with them as a freelancer or join us as an employee. We’ll consider all options for the right candidate.
- You’ll support a roving news reporter which means talking to people about what they do and writing great copy. You’ll also distribute it via print and digital channels, including a newsletter, our three websites, LinkedIn and Facebook. With your fresh and engaging content, you’ll keep their websites in great shape.
- Reporting directly to the internal Infrastructure director you’ll need to manage your time and work well without a need for close supervision.
- Writing will be of a consistently high standard and you’ve probably got experience of writing for magazines or newspapers – online or print. You’ll know how to write for SEO and have some experience of using LinkedIn and Facebook for PR purposes. The digital world will be a place in which you’re entirely comfortable.
- Content won’t be handed to you – you’ll need to create it. Which means you’re good at sniffing out stories, interviewing people and write interesting copy. The pictures will also be taken by you. The stories will be found in their offices - Needham Market, Ipswich and Telford - and on the sites at which we work.You’ll be provided with PPE to wear at operational sites and paid a mileage rate where appropriate.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in digital marketing and PR
- Demonstrable ability to write tight, interesting, news of copywriting, gained either in an agency or, preferably, on the staff of a newspaper or magazine.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Resourceful, disciplined and self-sufficient in nature
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and Content Outreach
- Experience using CMS platforms such as WordPress and the ability to use publishing platforms, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Publisher.
This Digital Copywriter is a Part Time position, hours are negotiable but expected to total around 20 a week. On offer is a competitive salary depending on experience.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
Feel free to send some examples you believe demonstrate the skills required as well as questions you may have about the role. As part of the application process we will be asking applicants to complete a small proficiency test at the interview stage. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: copywriter, reporter, digital media, report writer, PR, digital marketing, marketing
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.