Director of HR – Papworth Trust is an ambitious leading Disability Charity based in the East of England delivering a range of services to our customers including Housing, Employment, Care and Day Services. We are looking for an experienced Director of HR to join our Executive Team on a permanent basis based in East of England and with some homeworking.
As a Director of HR, you will be a strategic thinker with the experience and passion to deliver our vision and strategy; ensuring that we keep our customers, people, and values at the heart of everything we do. You will report to the Chief Executive.
You will be committed to empowering people and making a difference to the lives of disabled people through the leadership, governance, strategic planning and delivery of services across the Trust.
Other key duties include:
HR & OD Leadership and strategy
- Provide expert leadership in developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, working to embed the standards, behaviours and strategies required to drive innovative and sustainable improvements in service delivery throughout all business areas.
- Lead and develop a high-performing HR & OD Service that champions a business partner approach across all aspects of delivery of operational and strategic priorities.
- Drive and develop a robust people strategy ensuring a collaborative approach to implementation and embedding at operational level.
- Drive and develop workforce planning strategy, including all elements of talent management and succession planning.
- Develop and implement learning and development strategy and effective business systems to manage and monitor all legislative requirements for induction, training and qualifications.
- Effectively manage and drive HR data and agreed KPI’s to deliver improvements within the organisation and its performance.
- Identify and develop talent across the organisation and drive succession planning and people development initiatives.
- Shape the strategic direction of the organisation to achieve its vision and contribute to the development and delivery of the organisation’s strategic and annual business plans.
- Ensure compliance with equality legislation and display an active commitment to the need to ensure equality of opportunity and the benefits of diversity.
- Ensure that the Papworth Trust meets its statutory and legislative obligations.
- To support the Chief Executive in the work of the governance of Papworth Trust, including attending all Board meetings and required sub-committee meetings and producing relevant reports for Trustees.
- Act as an advocate and spokesperson for the Papworth Trust, internally, externally and in the media.
- Lead on all aspects of internal communications, including the development and oversight of the intranet.
- Embed and ensure the ongoing success of the volunteering strategy to become a self-sustaining model.
- Oversee the management and effective delivery of the volunteering function.
This is a full-time, permanent role. The salary is £70,000 per annum.
Are you are committed to creating and driving a robust people strategy, ensuring the organisation’s values and people are central to the organisation and its culture? If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join us, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 7 December 2020.
We are a Disability Confident Leader, and we welcome applications from disabled candidates, and from candidates with a diverse background.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Director, head of HR, Human resources, HR director, Management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.