Dual Fuel Engineer
Spider are actively recruiting a number of Dual Fuel Engineers who will be field based and cover specifically the DE postcode area, although we also have vacancies for engineers nationally.
Due to an increase of new contracts the work offers domestic and non-domestic smart metering solutions across England, Scotland and Wales.
Purpose of the Role/Role Overview:
- To exchange gas and electricity meters in customers’ homes.
- Provide a first class after-care service which includes a full demonstration to the customer on using their new meter.
- Repairing and maintaining meters after initial install.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- To carry out installs, exchanges and removals as per the relevant method statement
- To ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved for works allocated.
- Respond to emergency call outs, as business needs dictate (as per rota system in operation).
- To ensure the efficient recording of all works completed or aborted.
- To offer a high standard of customer service to both the client and customer, keeping them informed of works being undertaken and fully demonstrating the meter after completion.
- To risk assess work/working environments before starting any works to avoid damages or injuries.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Report HS issues encountered in line with company policy.
- A duty of care to ensure any potential risks encountered because of your visit are reported in line with industry guidelines, legal requirements company policy.
- To take accountability for the vehicle tools/equipment in your possession. This will include a regular stock take of material and regular checks of company van to ensure it is road worthy.
- To record / report any defects of the equipment in your possession.
- To ensure the professional representation of the company is always maintained, being clean and well presented in company uniform and being polite and courteous.
- To attend all training and toolbox talks as requested.
- Gas and electric meters
- 3 phase or single-off multi is advantageous
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Confident communicator
- Ability to develop excellent and collaborative working relationships.
- Proven ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage a complex workload
- Attention to detail with good decision making / judgement skills
- Minimum of 6 months experience in fitting dual fuel smart meters
- Single phase electric
- MOCOPA (1a and 1c)
- REGT1 and polyphase electric (desirable not essential)
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Operations, Field Engineer, Smart Meter, Utilities Engineer, Gas Engineer, Electrician
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.