Engineering Data Analyst – Spider is supporting an established and leading UK manufacturer of transport refrigeration systems for the small truck and panel van market. With changes in the vehicle and environmental legislation and rapidly increasing uptake of electric and Hybrid vehicles, there are now significant challenges and opportunities ahead for the transport refrigeration industry so there is an opportunity to join the team as an Engineering Data Analyst, on the outskirts of Woodbridge.
The Engineering Data Analyst will review and monitor all aspects of the Engineering function and report back to senior staff both findings and recommendations, also supporting non-core Engineering functions. The Engineering Data Analyst will also work closely with suppliers to develop software and analytical routines/reports to aid the data analysis function. Some of these suppliers may be developing advanced techniques using AI for which this role will be expected to contribute a significant level of direction.
Your key duties will be:
- Monitor and review Engineering, Manufacturing and Test functions throughout the manufacturing process in support of Product Quality.
- Work with, and continually consider the effectiveness of, in-house software systems to ensure that they continue to provide the level of information and efficiency of operation that the business and its customers demand.
- Analyse data collected by Service Engineers from equipment visits and report on findings, including failures, trends, and recommendations.
- Review systems used by service Engineers for effectiveness and report findings and recommendations.
- Analyse data collected by Telemetry and remote monitoring systems and report on findings, including failures, trends, and recommendations.
- Review Telemetry and remote monitoring systems for effectiveness and report findings and recommendations.
- Support of both the Service business and the remote Telemetry function in the production and supply of the necessary tools and equipment needed.
- Work with suppliers to provision the necessary equipment and services to support the above functions and processes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an Engineering background or at least a fundamental interest and understanding of general engineering principles.
- Be inquisitive and analytical, can handle large amounts of data from multiple sources and see patterns and trends as they develop.
- Someone who can reduce this data down to a clear and succinct presentation for senior management along with offering possible courses of action.
- Be able to work hands-on with basic tools and is capable and happy to conceive and build test equipment to support the analytical function. This work may include sourcing and basic assembly of electrical systems and data collection equipment.
- Have the ability to work with others is critical as there will be significant interaction with not only senior management but also many aspects of the business, including shop floor staff, manufacturing support, Quality, Sales and all aspects of the Service business including remote field Service Engineers.
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:00, although some flexibility can be accommodated if necessary. On offer is a competitive salary (based on experience and qualification), annual leave of 24 days, plus Bank Holidays.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and/or potential to be successful in this role and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Data Engineer, Engineering, Data Analyst, Testing, Refrigeration, Product Data Analyst, Data Analytics Engineer
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.