European Freight Forwarding Manager – Waller Transport Services is a highly successful family run business that started in 1966 with offices in Ipswich, Glasgow, Hull and Liverpool who are currently looking for an experienced European Freight Forwarding Manager to join their leadership team.
As a European Freight Forwarding Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- To take a strategic role in the business growth plan ensuring that local targets are met and that the office that you are responsible for continues an upward trend, increasing both turnover and profits year on year
- Explore new profitable services that complement our existing offering ultimately driving more business and benefiting all in the short term and long term.
- Ensuring the physical movement of contracted loads run smoothly by arranging any transport mode required for customers, ensuring the load is viable, calculating all costs and contacting hauliers, brokers, shipping agents and customers agreeing rates to maximise profitability.
- Ensuring through processes that any necessary documents and oversees the quality assurance and safe arrival of any goods.
- You must ensure that constant communication with suppliers and receivers to coordinate loads effectively, ensuring that Proof of Delivery documents (PODs & CMRs) are signed for received as soon as possible.
- To ensure jobs are correctly logged and any issues are liaised with the appropriate people to ensure SLA's are always met.
- You must ensure that set company objectives are on the forefront of your daily operations helping the Company to achieve its goals
- Work closely with finance, accounting and other departments, reporting directly to the Managing director.
- As a member of the team you should always be an advocate for the company
- To be completely customer focused always ensuring the highest level of customer care to both suppliers and partners.
Skills and Attributes:
- Honesty- We expect you to always be honest with both clients and your colleagues
- Accountability- If we agree something, we strive to make it happen.
- Personal Development- We work together to support the continued development of skills, knowledge and commerciality based on the role and individual career aspirations.
- Attitude- We always demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Our culture is based around how we work together to solve them as a team.
- Contribution- We expect all members of the team to contribute and share their opinions regularly and always look for improvements in both the individual working day and how we operate as a company.
This is a full-time permanent role with office hours Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:30 (with some weekends and evenings to meet business needs). In return we are offering a competitive salary package (depending on experience). Other excellent benefits include, 25 days holiday plus all British bank holidays, Exceptional pension scheme, Be part of a culture for success and development, Commission scheme and Death in service cover.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Operations, European, Management, Transport, Transportation, Logistics, Freight Forwarder
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.