Events & Marketing Coordinator –Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Events & Marketing Coordinator with experience of delivering business events both face to face and virtually to support their busy and thriving events programme within their New Anglia Growth Hub team, with a particular focus on our Scale Up New Anglia programme.
This Events & Marketing Coordinator role is a full time, fixed term position based in Ipswich and covering all of Suffolk/Norfolk. This role involves travel across Norfolk and Suffolk so the candidate must have a full driving licence and transport for business use. Flexible working opportunities including some home working.
You will manage a cohort of high growth businesses through our Scale Up New Anglia business programme, and assist with the marketing, promotion and delivery of workshops, conferences and peer to peer learning, including booking speakers and trainers and providing event management support.
This role will suit a dynamic and forward-thinking events and marketing coordinator with a strong work ethic and a 'can do' attitude. To meet the requirements for this role you will need to have previous experience in event management, preferably with experience of delivering virtual events as well as face to face events. In return you will have the opportunity shape and develop your skills within this exciting role, in a friendly, flexible and proactive office environment.
If you think this role is right for you, then we would love to hear from you!
Other duties will include:
- Oversee the organisation, promotion and delivery of virtual/face to face programme of events that engage with high growth businesses in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Attendance and organisation of Scale Up New Anglia business events both face to face and virtually, booking speakers and venues/managing online platform, booking delegates, and ensuring the smooth running of the events
- Working with the marketing team to ensure timely, accurate and relevant promotion of events and event related information
- Ensure completion of all paperwork for each event, and accurately uploading information onto a database in a timely manner
Skills and Attributes:
- You must also have an appropriate SFEDI or other relevant professional qualification or willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge and experience of setting up, hosting and delivering events at venues and via the online platforms
- Knowledge and experience of event management, business conferences
- Marketing and promotion, including engagement via social media and email
- Customer service
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of accurately transferring information to a database
- Achieving tasks against set deadlines
- Ability to communicate information to a wide business audience
- Flexible approach to work, including some out of hours work
- Understanding of health and safety relating to event management
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
This post is funded by the European Regional Development Fund., initially for a fixed term ending on 30 November 2021 and only continuing subject to an extension of funding.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Events, Events Management, Events Coordinator, Virtual, Organising, Program Events, Marketing
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.