Events Coordinator - Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, one of the leading business membership organisations in Suffolk, is looking for an experienced Events Coordinator for this newly created role, to lead and develop the Sizewell C Supply Chain events programme.
This is a newly created role where you will have the opportunity to help shape the position and have real impact on what will be an integral part of our team.
The Events Coordinator will oversee the targeted events programme which aims to provide events and workshops that update and support local businesses who are interested in supply chain opportunities.
We are looking for someone with experience of delivering successful, well organised business engagement events. You will need to be friendly and approachable, passionate about good customer service and going the extra mile, who has innovative ideas and a willingness to get stuck in.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrable experience of organising and delivering business events, including booking venues and speakers
- Collaborative and proactive approach
- A good understanding of the conference and events industry
- The ability to ‘think on your feet’ and problem solve under pressure
- Highly organised, self-motivated & punctual
- Good budget management skills
- Good marketing skills, with an eye for detail
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent networking and negotiating skills
- Positive and flexible approach to working, including some out of hours work
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements relating to event management
- A full driving licence and access to transport
In return you will have the opportunity shape and develop your skills within this new role, in a friendly, flexible and proactive office environment.
This is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2020 with opportunities for extension based on achieving key milestones. Flexible working opportunities are available including occasional home working and in return we are offering a competitive salary up to £21,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience) plus expenses, company pension, onsite parking and healthcare package.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: supply chain, supply chain coordinator, event planner, event coordinator, Business Conference Coordinator
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.