Facilities Manager – Do you want to lead and develop an outstanding Operations Team within a Town Council?
Spider is supporting a council who is currently looking for a Facilities Manager to join their team based in Stowmarket, Suffolk on a full-time basis.
The key focus of the Facilities Manager will be to manage and coordinate the Operations Team in delivering high quality, day-to-day buildings, and grounds maintenance, whilst coordinating compliance activities within buildings and outdoor areas. You will be coordinating the operational and logistical aspects of the twice-weekly market and the Town Council's annual programme of civic and community events.
You will be a strong leader, possess excellent organisational skills, and embrace a "hands-on" approach, actively collaborating with team members to fulfil projects, assignments, and duties each week.
Other duties include:
- Ensure compliance, safety, effective emergency response, and alarm management for Town Council buildings.
- Provide outstanding services to internal clients and respond positively to feedback, maintaining a customer-focused approach.
- Motivate the team to achieve quarterly team targets.
- When required, hire specialist contractors, oversee their work, and ensure completion within budget.
- Oversee economy and infrastructure projects, including the Town Centre CCTV system, speed indicator devices, grit bin scheme, and community facilities.
- Ensure that all public areas, is regularly checked and meets the required health and safety standards for public use.
- Support the delivery of the Town Council's Environmental Protection and Carbon Reduction Plan.
- Monitor and enforce Health and Safety, Codes and Practices, and other compliance requirements, ensuring appropriate records are maintained.
- Be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of Town Council vehicles, machinery, equipment, and personal protective equipment (PPE), ensuring appropriate records are maintained.
The Facilities Manager will have experience within a similar role and have knowledge and experience of leading projects and managing operations, functions and/or services. You will also have knowledge of risk assessments and the adoption of working practices that comply with health and safety requirements. You will have knowledge of IT Office systems such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint to manage work programmes, projects, and workflow. Experience of staff management and supervision is essential with the ability to motivate others, engage with and develop staff to drive up performance standards. You will have the ability to effectively collaborate working with partners and stakeholders. Relevant experience in facilities management is also required. A clean, current driving licence is required.
The Facilities Manager position is full time working 37 hours per week. In return they offer a salary of £32,076 per annum. Employee benefits include, generous 22% employer pension contribution, time off in lieu & free on-site parking.
If you are interested in joining a small and friendly team, please apply by submitting a covering letter along with your up-to-date CV, detailing your suitability for the position as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this Vacancy.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Additional keywords: operations manager, operations, maintenance, supervisor, events, ground maintenance, estates, health and safety, facilities, management