Finance Assistant - Spider are advertising on behalf of a highly successful Insurance Broker based in Ipswich, who are looking for an experienced part time Finance Assistant to join their team working three days a week.
As the Finance Assistant you will undertake various key duties including:
- Reconciling insurer statements
- Working on insurer portals in addition to excel files and hard copy
- Investigating discrepancies in premiums and commissions
- Maintaining queries list/liaising with staff to resolve internal queries
- Maintaining good communication with insurers re queries/payments
- Raising remittances for insurer payment
- Good and timely email responses to avoid cancellations
- Debtor/client payment chasing
- Maintaining record of debtor chasing progress
- Monitoring return premiums and raising remittance for refunds to clients
- Monitoring Finance funded premiums and return premiums
- Posting from bank statements to ledger
- Cashing up commission received
- Bank and solvency reconciliations
- Filing supporting documentation
- Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally from a Finance / Insurance background
- Experience in working in a similar role
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good Microsoft packages experience an advantage, especially Excel
- Be flexible and able to work in a small team
This Finance Assistant position is a Part Time position working 3 days a week. Hours are 8.30 to 5.00pm. On offer is a salary of £20,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience), able to join the pension scheme after probationary period.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: accounts assistant, assistant accountant, credit controller, part time
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.