Financial Controller - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful family run company based in the outskirts of Ipswich Suffolk, who are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team.
As a Financial Controller, your responsibilities will be to provide high quality financial support to the Director of Finance and Departmental Line Managers within the organisation. Responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial activity within the department and assessing the performance of the finance team.
Other key duties include:
- Manage, train, and support a small finance team with day to day accounting and payroll work.
- Assisting with first line IT support for the company and working in conjunction with external IT support providers to ensure minimal downtime to systems.
- Finalising and reviewing the monthly management accounts and preparing the monthly board packs.
- Preparing and producing the monthly salaries using Sage Payroll
- Responsible for the day to day cashflow management and monthly cashflow projections
- Assisting the Director of Finance with the preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Preparing job costings for the commercial director and sales manager
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company.
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to senior management including reports to the Director of Finance in preparation for monthly Board meetings
- Analysing variances and investigating potential problems with line managers.
- Planning and leading on projects within the department and the company as a whole, identifying business needs and ensuring that resources and staff are available to execute the project.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A recognised professional accounting qualification would be preferable (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or AAT).
- Previous experience of managing a finance team is essential as well as an intermediate level of experience and confidence with Sage Line 50, Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- Hands on approach to teamwork and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with family business principles and practices an advantage but not essential.
- Good level of adaptability to unplanned changes in workload and deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail, good organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, mathematical, analytical as well as critical thinking skills.
This Financial Controller position is a Full-Time position. A competitive salary is on offer of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience. Working 38.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.15pm. Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays. Due to the location of the client will require own transport and free parking is provided.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accountant, Financial Reporting Manager, Finance, Finance Manager, CIMA, ACCA
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.