Finance Manager – Hillfarm Oils are a family run farming business who are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team, based in Heveningham, Suffolk. This is a full-time Maternity Cover opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join a progressive team, the salary on offer is £28,000 to £32,000 per annum for an exceptional candidate.
The Fairs family have been farming in Suffolk for 40 years. In 2004 Hill Farm became the first farm in the UK to grow, press and bottle their own cold pressed rapeseed oil. Now selling in major supermarkets, this is a significant part of a sophisticated and entrepreneurial agri-business based in north Suffolk. The business now requires a Finance Manager to oversee Maternity cover to carry on and improve the development of systems, processes and reporting, required by a well-invested business poised for significant growth, particularly in oil.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of the financial ledgers on Quickbooks
- Publishing management accounts for within 15 days of month end
- Implement inventory and production management software
- Preparing weekly payment run of suppliers
- Maintain Cash flow forecast for 8 weeks rolling
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Costing and pricing
- Preparation of capex justification
- Preparation of budget
- Managing Customer Accounts and Invoicing.
- Managing EDI Accounts
- Being a proactive member of a progressive team
Essential skills and attributes required
- Experience within a similar financial role
- Experience using of cloud-based package, e.g. QuickBooks or similar
- At least intermediate user of Excel
- Experience of working within a business with stock
On offer is an attractive salary £28,000 to £32,000 per annum. Our standard office hours are 8:00am to 5pm with a 30 minutes lunch break.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. First stage interviews will be held via virtual meeting e.g. Zoom or Teams. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: finance, manager, accountant, accounts, management accounts, Xero
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.