Finance Officer - Spider is advertising on behalf of the largest independent museum in Suffolk, with 17 historic buildings set in 75 acres of beautiful countryside. The museum is an educational charity supporting the community. They are seeking a full-time Finance Officer to join their growing team as they transition to become the Food Museum in Stowmarket, Suffolk. You will be an essential part of their friendly organisation, supporting in the delivery of all aspects of the museum’s work.
The Finance Officer plays a principal role in the management and administration of the museum’s finances, working closely with the Director. You will maintain restricted and designated project finances separately.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage project budgets, payments and receipts, record keeping, reporting as well as support with annual budgeting and production of annual accounts
- Manage VAT, submit timely VAT returns and optimise the museum’s VAT position.
- Produce monthly management accounts with cash flow forecasts and P&L report.
- Prepare SAGE and financial reports as requested.
- Administer the museum’s pension scheme.
- Timely posting of accounts via data entry to SAGE line 50 accounting program.
- Process monthly SAGE payroll, PAYE/NI payments and related journal transfers.
- Process payments, prepare orders and invoices, ensure that bills and invoices and are paid within an appropriate timeframe.
- Responsible for correct coding and recording of the income and expenditure for specific funding streams, including creating new codes and departments where necessary to support project administration.
- Provide cost centre reports to colleagues ensuring the data is accurate and easy to understand for non-finance employees.
- Bank reconciliation and credit control.
- Manage donations and the Gift Aid claims process.
- Manage an impress system for petty cash.
Skills and experience needed:
- Good general education: AAT or equivalent level gained by experience
- Excellent computer literacy and fast and accurate data management; knowledge of appropriate software packages, including SAGE line 50, SAGE 50 Payroll and MS Office
- Understanding of the museum’s remit
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of producing management accounts
- Experience of supporting the production of annual accounts
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a ‘completer’
This is a full-time, permanent role with working hours Monday to Friday, will consider flexible working and job share. On offer is a salary of £20,000 to £25,000 per annum.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: admin, administrator, administration, coordinator, finance, financial, finance admin, finance assistant
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.