Financial Accountant - Spider is pleased to be working with an established Finance Company, who provide funding and project management for high quality, high return waste to energy and anaerobic digestion projects. They as seeking an experienced Financial Accountant, to join their team based in Ely.
As the Financial Accountant, you will report to the Head of Finance, working closely with the wider Finance and management team. The individual will be a key support to the Head of Finance to drive high-quality financial information and delivery of audit timeline.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead in preparing annual statutory accounts and contributing to providing schedules and sample documents required by auditors.
- Providing support to develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business.
- Assist in the review of the company’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems, with an active role in the development of systems and delivery of improvements.
- Assist the Head of Finance to ensure the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy and performance.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet and bank reconciliations with a proactive resolution of any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of loan book and funding schedules; proposing solutions to correct where required.
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Lead in ad-hoc projects to support the development and future of financial information at Privilege.
- Cover of other team members where required, including formulating and submission of regulatory returns to bodies, preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Support for SPV accounting within the wider group.
Skills and Attributes:
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent professional accounting qualifications will be considered.
- Strong excel and IT skills.
- Knowledge of financial systems, SAGE desirable.
- Confident communicator who is comfortable engaging with colleagues across the business.
- Ability to manage the day to day tasks alongside ad-hoc project work and analysis.
- Willing to embrace change and generate ideas to improve efficiency.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A clean driving license & prepared to travel within the UK to the client sites
This is a full-time role offering a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience). If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accountant, Financial Reporting Manager, Finance, Finance Manager, CIMA, ACCA
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.