Financial Controller – We are advertising on behalf of a successful country estate based in rural Suffolk who are looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their team based in Beccles. The Financial Controller role will be permanent and full-time working Monday to Friday, with a competitive salary on offer depending on experience.
As a Financial Controller, you’ll be working directly with the Estate Director reporting to the Managing Partner. Your key duties will include:
- Undertaking and supervising the day to day financial activities including preparation of month-end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, and provide information to compile year-end statutory accounts.
- Preparing annual budgets and cash flow projections with the Estate Director, monitoring the performance of each entity within the Estate in line with their set budgets.
- Implementing and maintaining all financial controls and systems within the business.
- Identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Undertaking regular activities such as; payroll, insurance policies and cover and the management of book debt.
- ACCA / ICAEW qualification or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of a farm business would be an advantage, but not essential
- Effective communication skills to liaise with other departments
- Confident in forecasting, preparing budgets and efficient in producing and analysing financial reports
- Excellent IT skills
- Training and delegation skills·
This is a permanent, full-time role working 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am – 4pm Friday. You are entitled to a 30 minute paid lunch break. In return on offer is a competitive salary of between £40,000 and £50,000 depending on experience. Additional benefits 22 days holiday per year in addition to public holidays and 3% employer contribution to your pension (there is also a 5% employee contribution).
If you want to be part of this successful team, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accounts Assistant, Accountant, Payroll, Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.