Financial Controller – Spider is advertising on behalf of our London based client, who are currently recruiting a Financial Controller to join their organisation.
Our client is an award-winning foreign exchange risk management and international payment company shaped by modern technology and traditional values.
They are customer centric, and mission driven to deliver good outcomes for progressive businesses and individuals, with an enviable people focussed culture.
As part of their growth strategy, they are looking for a talented Financial Controller to support the delivery of its vision and objectives. This role is for someone seeking a new challenge within an ambitious and growing business, operating within the fast paced and dynamic foreign exchange market.
The focus of the Financial Controller is to manage all financial activities of the company, including accounting (particularly FX), budgets, forecasts, analysis, policy, controls, and reporting processes. You will also inform management of results, risks, and opportunities, develop financial controls, build the business model for any new activities the company is developing and help shape business strategy. The Financial Controller as part of the senior leadership team will work closely with representatives across all functions of the business.
Other key duties of the Financial Controller include:
- Perform precisely and control the accounting for foreign exchange contracts, including forward contracts, to FRS102 standards. This is a crucial and central function.
- Ensure that foreign exchange contracts are reconciled promptly, completely and accurately.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure the adequacy of system reporting.
- Be a core member of the management team in the review, design and selection of integrated management systems.
- Manage the budget and forecast process.
- Review/validate commercial contracts/deals.
- Attend management meetings in a finance capacity. Report on performance, resolving issues and proactively recommending changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.
- Design, implement and document the internal control systems.
- Support yearly audit process: be the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required financial and tax information.
The ideal Financial Controller will possess CIMA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent qualification. You will have strong experience of FX accounting, as well as extensive experience of management accounting and financial reporting processes with a strong combination of controlling and statutory financials. You will be skilled in business case development & presentation, excel modelling and PowerPoint presentations and be an influential and effective communicator able to support, advise and influence middle and senior management. Being a team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energise others is required experience as well of managing a control process. If you are results orientated and able to work to strict deadlines and dynamic, hardworking, and adaptable within a fast-changing environment – they would love to hear from you!
On offer is a salary ranging from £60000-70000 per annum with a discretionary annual bonus. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week 8.30am-5.30pm on a hybrid basis, with offices in the SW8 area of London.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills, please forward a completely up to date CV which outlines your relevant experience for this role to be considered.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: financial, controller, finance, CIMA, ACA, ACCA, accounting
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.