Freight Forwarder (European) – Morrison Freight a leading, independently-owned, freight company specialising in European logistics and road freight solutions. Our award-winning company is searching for a dynamic European Freight Forwarder who wants to take their career to the next level, improve their skill set and be part of a highly motivated team based in Great Blakenham.
The European Freight Forwarder will be involved in daily operations, have the freedom to express themselves, have their opinions and ideas listened too, acted upon and importantly be part of one big team.
As the successful Freight Forwarder your key responsibilities will be:
- Planning, organising, directing, and help run day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase productivity, whilst minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Responsibility for negotiating customer contracts & costs as well as transportation costs of suppliers.
- Maintain and improve working relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes.
- Monitoring transport rates, markets and looking after the job from start to finish.
- Sub-contracting haulage requirements, managing transportation bookings and quotations.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Have experience of working as a European Freight forwarder via road (i.e. Tautliners / Euroliners)
- Proven experience of either Export or Import full loads (FTL) or part loads between the UK and mainland Europe.
- Road freight Forwarding knowledge of Countries such as, but not all, Germany, France, Belgium Netherlands, Spain, Italy Poland, Czech, Romanian or Bulgaria
- Familiarity of the industry and technical expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of rates, customers, and suppliers within the European road freight sector.
- Computer literacy
- Strong team building, decision-making, accountability and to lead by example if needed
- Additional language i.e. German, Dutch, Spanish or Italian not essential, however would be advantageous.
This is a full-time permanent role. With the working 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. in addition to paid holiday, pension, corporate gym membership, and other perks.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, including your email address and contact number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Road Freight Forwarder, European Freight Forwarder. Import, Export, transport, logistics, Freight Forwarder, Haulage
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.