Heating Engineer Team Leader
Spider Recruitment Services are working with a group of companies who have specialist knowledge and expertise in improving, maintaining, and developing buildings and services for social housing, schools and colleges, public buildings, energy services and industrial and commercial buildings.
This business is one of the UK’s leading heating repairs, maintenance and installation companies who are looking to recruit conscientious and enthusiastic individuals to complement their existing team. They are focused on delivering comprehensive and high quality services in the sustainable markets of social housing, public buildings, education, energy services and industrial and commercial buildings.
- Dealing with the day to day management of operatives whilst ensuring the businesses contractual and specific requirements are met.
- Champion the businesses Competency Scheme and work closely with the Quality Services Manager to ensure that the Engineers continue to meet the requirements of the GCS Scheme, and be responsible for ensuring that all engineers operate in accordance with the company requirements.
- Provide technical support, encouragement, and training for all engineers.
- Carry out Quality Checks and provide reports for management whilst meeting targets on volume.
- Provide a “Technical Section” during the structured monthly toolbox talk meeting in a consistent manor across the business. This includes all the latest updates and any issues identified in completed quality checks.
- Encourage understanding of the need for Quality of Work and professional attitudes for future development of the business, creating an environment which encourages employee development, good employee relations, teambuilding, and quality standards.
- Achieve the agreed volume of completed jobs per week in conjunction with operational requirements
- Deal with the day to day operational people management of operatives.
- Attend and facilitate the resolution of customer complaints, including site visits and provide a technical overview.
- Assist in new starter induction programmes.
- Assist with the resolution of problematic jobs.
- Ensure the Clients contractual and specific requirements are met, and where possible surpassed.
- Become a key contact for clients to assist in developing relations and resolutions.
- Communicate Company procedures and Client requirements to operatives through daily contact and structured monthly Tool Box Talks.
- Liaise with the Area Supervisor and Contracts Manager on all issues related to the training requirements and technical support for all engineers.
- Ensuring that engineers are briefed on updates and changes, that local records are maintained, that any identified training needs are addressed and closed down in accordance with company policy. Ensure that engineers actively participate in the collection of competence evidence and that each engineer is only allocated work which falls within their scope of competencies
- Carry out Quality Checks and Health and Safety audits to pre-determined agreed target volumes.
- Take a lead role in the resolution of problematic jobs.
- Provide technical support during the working week and in emergency situations to all Engineers whilst on call.
- Cover for the role of Area Supervisor as and when required.
- Assist in the investigative processes associated with disciplinary and grievance situations.
- Assist in the training of any existing and new staff.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake such other duties, training and / or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Ensure the cascade of information to relevant staff on all technical information known or obtained in the future.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements or legislations, including Risk Assessments and Fire Safety, are adhered to.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards, policies, and procedures.
You will be paid a base salary of £36,000 - £39,000 depending on experience, annual performance reviews, specialist tools and company vehicle allocated to you. You will also be given a phone and tablet, along with benefits such as pension scheme, paid holiday and bank holidays (increasing with length of service) life insurance scheme and company sick pay. If you think this role is something you would like to explore with our consultant then please submit your CV and we will be in touch directly.
Additional keywords: Utilities, Gas, Commercial Engineer, Electrician, 17th Edition, 18th Edition, Service Engineer, Electrical, Gas Safe, Heating, Boiler, Service & Breakdown, Installation, Domestic, Oil Fired, OFTEC
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.