General Manager – Do you have experience in hospitality? Are you passionate about people, service, and products?
If so, Spider is advertising for a General Manager on behalf of an independently owned eighteenth-century coaching inn nestled in Potton's ancient market square in Potton, Bedfordshire.
A true local hub, a vibrant bar and restaurant with cozy bedrooms and a friendly welcome. Since being rebuilt after the ‘great fire of Potton’ in 1783, They have been the heart and soul of the community, and they are determined to honour that tradition!
Fantastic company benefits include:
- Competitive Salary: On offer is a starting salary of £38,000 - £42,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Holiday: 28 days annual leave plus Christmas Day and Birthday Day off.
- Staff discount – 20%- 25% off with a share of tips.
- Employee extras such as: free meal on duty, cycle to work scheme, team building events and EAP scheme.
About the role:
You will be overseeing the day-to-day operations of the business, planning, and supervising the activities of all the employees to ensure the profitable running of the business.
- Manage budgets, finances and controlling expenditure. This will include setting revenue and guest satisfaction targets.
- Recruiting, training, and managing employees.
- Carry out regular inspections of a hotel’s property and amenities and organising necessary maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws and ensuring that the necessary security is in place.
- Implement and review standard operating procedures to continuously improve a business.
- Proactive seeking opportunities and ways to maximise revenue and develop service delivery.
- Monitor employee performance and offering regular evaluation meetings designed to improve service.
- Assist in the development of efficient and effective marketing strategy to promote the services.
As the successful General Manager, you will have previous management experience of running an F&B operation and preferably accommodation as well. You will have strong leadership skills to lead employees and motivate everyone to work towards common goals. Financial management skills are a must to ensure a business remains profitable. A sound understanding of business processes and operational efficiency. Excellent customer service skills and a genuine wish to provide guests with a pleasant experience. You will maintain a professional appearance, with a calm and collected manner. Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills to ensure effective operations. Organisational and time-management skills to handle the multi-faceted nature of the job is essential.
If you are looking for a role where you can work with a great team and develop a career, then we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Additional keywords: general manager, hospitality, management, hospitality manager, operations