Grounds Supervisor- Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate. We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for an exceptional Grounds Supervisor to join our team, based at Grayshott, East Hampshire.
Our Job Opportunity:
You will be responsible for leading the grounds team in implementing the site management plan and achieving park objectives. If you are looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people and work in an amazing location, we have got the job for you! You will provide a safe and appealing grounds environment and enhanced customer experience and ensure all park regulations are adhered to in line with the company WOW (way of working) standards.
To be a successful Grounds Supervisor- in this varied role, you will need to have:
- A good standard of customer care and the ability to promote the highest standard of professionalism
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity, and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time
- The ability to complete all duties relating to grounds maintenance, to include supervising/digging of graves, transportation to local crematoria, ash interments and ash scatterings.
- Complete tree maintenance; felling, coppicing, pruning & chipping.
- Conduct annual appraisals and the setting of SMART objectives and targets for the business.
- Develop the team through coaching and training, recommending where external training is required.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of quality employees.
- You will be responsible for the surveying of plots and burial trees.
- Delivery and input of the key projects relating to park events ensuring vision, mapping, costing, project planning and delivery are in line with deadlines and budgets.
- Ensure all “landscaping” is completed, including planting, tree management, hedges, shrubs etc.
- Maintenance of buildings, facilities, equipment, site furniture and boiler.
- Manage all department costs to budget. PO management of all stocks and supplies for day to day use and all general department administration.
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, risk assessments, first aid, safety procedures, safe storage of equipment, company property, security, and the welfare for others.
This is a full-time permanent role. In return, we are offering a competitive salary, other benefits include:
- Enhanced Pension 6% EE & 3% ER
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Healthcare Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Bicycle to Work Scheme
- Annual Flu Jab Voucher
If you feel you have the relevant skills and empathy to be part of a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the UK, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: supervisor, groundwork, maintenance, landscaper, planting, tree management, arborist, agriculture, gardener, park keeper
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.