Our Business: Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate. We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
Where we are: We have sites all around the UK and this role is based at Rainford, St Helens.
Our Job Opportunity:
If you’re looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people, and an amazing location to work in, we’ve got the job for you. As a Grounds Technician you will work as part of the team to implement the site management plan and to provide a safe and appealing woodland/grounds environment for a meaningful and enhanced customer experience.
Role Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week, over a flexible working contract (includes weekends)
Salary: £20,000 per annum
*Company Benefits – Enhanced Company Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care Plan, Employee Reward Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme*
To be part of a successful team in this varied role, you’ll need to have:
- A good standard of customer care and the ability to promote the highest standard of professionalism
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain personal deadlines to ensure the delivery of the seasonal work programme
- Assist with projects for key events, opening new areas and creating prestige plots
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time.
- The ability to complete all duties relating to grounds maintenance, to include digging of graves, ash interments and ash scatterings, maintenance of plots and placing of memorials
- To be able to work with the office team to assist with building set up for services and events.
- Complete tree maintenance; felling, coppicing, pruning & chipping.
- Ensure all landscaping is completed including planting, mowing, weeding, plant maintenance etc
- To be proactive and to show initiative – have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, risk assessments, first aid, safety procedures, safe storage of equipment, company property, security and the welfare for others are maintained at all times.
- Driving the private ambulance (full clean driving licence required)
Requirements: Compliance Eligibility to Work in the UK
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at GreenAcres. In reaching a decision we will take account; the nature of the work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and time elapsed.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and empathy to be part of a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the UK, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV including your email address and telephone number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: grounds technician, groundwork, maintenance, landscaper, planting, tree management, arborist, agriculture, gardener, park keeper, plants, Grounds Management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.