Group Operations Manager - Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with one of the UK’s leading trailer manufacturing companies based on the Suffolk/Essex border with a full-time permanent position available.
The company are going from strength to strength and despite BREXIT uncertainty they are continuing to grow, recently making additions to their Sales and Production teams. They are now seeking a Group Operations Manager to oversee operational delivery across trailer production, procurement (including supply chain management), warehousing & logistics and IT to achieve their mission, vision and goals.
This is a Senior Management position and an extremely pivotal role within the company, reporting into the Managing Director along with requirements to attend strategic meetings with Board Members. You will have 3 direct reports with the entire operational team consisting of 11, but still growing.
Your priority will always be to drive a lean and sustainable operation which takes daily, detailed planning and a lot of leadership to deliver a high standard at all times.
The role is required to implement business guidelines (policy, procedure and process) aligned to strategy. Daily, the successful candidate will work across all the operational functional areas to ensure that operational risk is identified and well managed, aligned to EBITDA expectations.
Specific duties vary but common roles and responsibilities are:
- Assist in setting strategic priorities for the business in consultation with the Board of Directors and staff.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the business.
- Drive the business to achieve and exceed customer expectations.
- Drive out bottom line cost.
- Oversee the allocation of operational staffing resources against department priorities.
- Lead the planning and implementation for strategic and operational projects as required.
- Take responsibility for group Health & Safety and have a solid working knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Take responsibility for ISO compliance requirements (9001 and 14001) including monthly and annual auditing.
- Take responsibility for trailer production including VCA compliance and competence requirements.
- Support Research & Development as required.
- Measure the effectiveness of all operational process (internal and external) and provide timely, accurate and complete performance and statistical reports on the operating condition of the company weekly. Look for efficiencies, no matter how small.
- Represent the business at external meetings as required. Drive ‘relationships’ with the supply chain. Know when to push hard and when to ease off. Seek ‘high’ ground and use this to leverage smarter buying.
- Conduct mid-year and end of year staff appraisals as required.
- Take responsibility for new ‘operational’ starters and their probation.
- Take responsibility for investigating operational errors and provide sustainable and cost effect improvements.
- Work closely with CS and Sales to support improved customer outcomes.
- Facilitate cross functional communication.
To be successful in role the candidate must be able to lead and not manage. Ideally, you will have a mechanical engineering background set in an operational context and have worked in sectors required to adhere to regulatory and legislative requirements including H&S. You must be able to deliver highly motivated and engaged teams, unified in purpose, delivering exceptional customer service at every level.
The role ultimately must make sure that teams are encouraged to perform to the best of their abilities and to provide them with the tools to do so. The application of well-trodden strategies and project management techniques is only part of the picture; this role involves thoughtful leadership up and down the chain of command.
You will approach situations with sensitivity to atmosphere and having the willingness to adapt accordingly will have a significant impact on being able to bring people along. The successful candidate will lead with a mandate to do so based on trust from junior and senior colleagues alike.
£45k-50k - depending on experience. Plus Benefits (Pension, Sales Related Company Bonus Scheme, Free Lunch Daily and On Site Parking, 29 Days Annual Holiday) If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Trailer, Operations Manager, Operations Director, Mechanical, R&D, Research & Development, Engineering, Commercial Vehicles, Management, Parts, Spares, Supply Chain, Lean Six Sigma,
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit the basic summary of your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. We will not disclose your personal contact information to this particular company until we have your additional consent to do so.
We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.