GRP Fitter / Installer – Dura Composites based in Clacton on Sea, Essex are a leading global supplier of composite products for flooring, structures and façades, ideal for industrial, rail, marine, landscaping and architectural applications, many of which are hugely eco-friendly.
As a GRP Fitter / Installer you will be part of the day-to-day running of external site operations of assigned riser flooring installation/improvement projects. You will be responsible for sites duties issued by the Site Manager / Site Supervisor. Other duties will include:
- Responsible for communicating with the Site Supervisor, reporting any problems or delays, as well as keeping them up to date with general progress. You may also need to communicate with regulation officers, Directors and other Managers within the business regarding the program and progression of the project
- Supporting Install Team with the installation of GRP risers using various hand and power tools
- Reading and accurately interpreting programs, drawings and technical specifications
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programs
- Setting out risers
- Fitting in accordance with contractor and company specifications
- Cutting / prefabricating materials incl. GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastics) & Steel
- Take ownership and responsibility for your own S.H.E (Safety, Health and Environment)
- Support and maintain quality control procedures
- Suggest ways to prevent problems and to solve any that arise during the project
- Maintain all site related tools and equipment to necessary applicable standards
- To report any defects that may occur as works are undertaken as part of the ISO 9001 continuous improvement system
- Flexible and can work away from home when necessary
Skills and personal attributes:
- Motivated to work as part of a team, with determination and persistence to get the job done
- Great work ethic, proactive and positive approach to all tasks
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism with a great Judgement, highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Reliable and flexible attitude with a keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment with a hands on determination and persistence to get the job done
- Driven by career opportunity within the business
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Full, clean UK Driving License is necessary
- CSCS card, PASMA, IPAF, Harness and Lanyard accreditations are advantageous
- Experience in installing GRP risers using various hand and power tools is advantageous
- Able to ensure Dura program is not delayed with honest, reliable and flexible attitude
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings would be beneficial
Excellent Salary is on offer: £19,760 - £24,960 dependent on experience + travel time paid @ basic rate. Over Time paid @ 1.5 basic. Holidays: 20 days per annum plus 8 bank Holidays – (5 days must be taken at Xmas). Working Hours: Install Work, Site Hours - Mon – Fri 7am to 4.00pm (40 hrs.) - 1hr breaks including lunch. Excellent benefits (see below)
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme provided by People’s Pension
- Quarterly Appraisals & Training Support Offered
- Free refreshments including hot drinks, fruit & healthy snacks provided daily and daily Lunch Expense Allowance
- Annual Company Away Day
- Choice PRIDE Experience Outings
- Additional holiday allowance accrual with long service to max of 25 days.
- Staff wellness benefits, e.g. Massage & Yoga
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: GRP Fitter / Installer, CSCS card, PASMA, IPAF, Harness and Lanyard accreditations
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.