Head of SHEQ - TES 2000 Ltd is a long established, highly regarded contractor to the rail industry and undertake a range of services on Network Rail's infrastructure, including the delivery of track renewal projects. We are looking for a Head of SHEQ to join our Head office in Colchester.
At TES 2000 we are committed to creating safe railway working environments and offer a wide range of professions and occupations within the Railway sector. Our continuing success depends on our people, which is why we are committed to attracting, retaining, and developing our people with the skills, knowledge, and experience to ensure an excellent delivery of our services.
The Head of SHEQ key focus will be on providing SHEQ support to the business, ensuring that the organisation’s systems are implemented, monitored, and audited to comply with all Network Rail Standards, TES company requirements, contracts, and all applicable legislation. Acting as the TES CDM Co-ordinator and liaison with the Client’s CDM Representative.
Key duties include:
- Ensuring compliance with ISO9001, ISO14001, IOS4500, RISQS and Principal Contractor License requirements.
- Set policy, procedure and guidance for RIPS activities and be responsible for assigning competent RIPS personnel ensuring their continued competence to fulfil the role.
- Support business departments with compilation of Construction and Projected related Safety documentation, Construction Phase plans (CPP), Work Package Plans (WPP), Task Briefing Sheets (TBS), various Risk assessments.
- Liaison with the Clients Safety Representatives, and other external bodies (including statutory bodies)
- Ensure the programme of site safety inspections and safety tours, lead accident and incident investigations.
- Maintenance of supplier approval processes and provision of management information to the TES Board as required
- Accountable for Maintaining risk register, reporting issues back to be incorporated in the Company wide risk register.
- Own, lead and manage the Department budget to include forecasting and business planning to ensure this is aligned with the business strategy and objectives.
The Head of SHEQ will have rail industry experience, a detailed understanding and experience of working in an environment where quality and consistency of documentation has been a business priority. You will show an appreciation of the necessary balance between practicality and risk that needs to be applied according to the range of situations encountered. As well as been an excellent communicator you will have experience of working at a senior leadership level and influence others.
Other key requirements are:
- Full driving license and the ability to travel when required.
- Rail industry experience is essential.
- You will be required to maintain/improve accreditation of all company standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and RISQS, Constructionline and Builders Profile
- You will need to be IT literate across all Microsoft applications including SharePoint.
- Highly organised in record keeping, meetings, tracking actions.
This is a full-time role offering a competitive salary, along with 25 days holiday, life assurance, simply health cash plan, company car and company bonus.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience then please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
TES200 are an equal opportunities employer.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Safety, Health, Environment and Quality, QESH, rail, track, Health & Safety, Quality, Environment, Management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.