Health & Safety Advisor - Spider is advertising on behalf of our client established in 2001, they are a growing traffic management company. Their main office is based in Needham Market, Suffolk, however they have yards in Radlett, Hertfordshire and Littleport, Cambridgeshire. They are seeking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join their team based in Needham Market, Suffolk.
As a Health & Safety Advisor the role requires a split between working in the office and across temporary multi-sites, the successful applicant will therefore be required to travel extensively as part of their role.
As a leading traffic management company, they understand the importance of health and safety and this role is critical, to ensuring deliverance of services that are not only compliant to health and safety requirements and industry compliance, but are forward-thinking, demonstrating excellence in this field.
- To support managers to carry out their duties and ensuring that those putting people to work have the required knowledge and information necessary.
- Provide support and information to field staff for them to carry out their duties effectively.
- Provide managers with information gained from audits supporting continuous improvement.
- Implement and maintain compliance processes.
- Complete Fire audits and Fire Risk Assessments for the businesses’ premises.
- Complete COSHH assessments as required.
- Collate Display Screen Equipment (DSE) results and action accordingly.
- Manage investigations.
- Complete office inductions during the onboarding process.
- Complete drug & alcohol screenings in line with company policy.
- All related administration to achieve and maintain accreditations (Achilles, ISO9001, NHSS 12A/B & D, Avetta).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Must hold the NEBOSH National general certificate.
- Hold a full UK Drivers Licence.
- An excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Excellent computer & Microsoft office knowledge.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- An ability to communicate with direct and sub-contract labour and clients.
This Health & Safety Advisor position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a competitive salary, depending on qualifications and experience as well as excellent benefits including: 22 days holiday + birthday + Bank holidays.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV and cover letter as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Health and Safety, H&S, Advisor, NEBOSH, audits
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.