HR Manager (Part Time) – W&H Marriage & Sons Ltd is a family run millers since 1824, producing award winning speciality and organic flours and quality animal feeds. We are looking for an experienced and hands-on HR Manager to join our team on a part-time basis (22.5 hours over 5 days) at our Chelmsford city centre site.
As the HR Manager you will be responsible for all operational HR activities at Marriage’s including developing and managing HR procedures across the company. You will collaborate with other managers, ensuring the site is an efficient, safe and harmonious place in which to work
Other key duties include:
- Manage the recruitment and onboarding process, including creating job descriptions, adverts, interview questions and induction documents
- Coach and advise line managers on employee relations issues (including absence, disciplinary, grievance, performance), to ensure they are managed effectively and in a timely manner
- Ensure the employee handbook remains up-to-date and act as the main point of contact for employees and line managers regarding HR policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain an effective performance appraisal system
- Support line managers and employees to develop and implement training and development plans to upskill / cross skill employees to ensure the company has the right people for now and in the future and to enhance business output
- Review and systemise HR processes and procedures, including to manage the selection and installation of a HR information system
- Work with the Financial Controller and Directors to evaluate organisational set-up, staffing requirements and working patterns, to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Work with the Financial Controller regarding compensation, benefits and pension schemes (including accurately overseeing holiday and other types of leave)
- Work with health & safety representatives onsite and through third parties to ensure the wellbeing of staff is monitored and maintained
- Deliver effective and regular communication to employees across multiple channels
- Provide regular HR reports to management and to ensure the company has the correct practices and documentation for legal, Health & Safety and external audit compliance
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experienced HR Manager, ideally with a background in manufacturing, construction or high-volume retail, including employees on shift
- Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) qualified to at least level 5
- Experience of change management processes
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and best practice HR
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HR systems and packages
This new, part time role will ideally be someone who could be flexible with working hours, supporting those on shift, ideally across 22.5 hours over 5 days. In return we are offering a competitive salary (depending on experience), 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site parking, pension of 5.5% employer contribution and 4% employee contribution (after 3 months service) and life assurance (after 3 months service).
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Human Resources Manager, Human Resources, Business Partner, HR, Senior HR Advisor, HR Operations Manager
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.